Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring is in the air!

When I woke up today, the sun was shining and temperatures were in the 40's for the first time in a long time. For the past 2 weeks winter has tried to get a grip again with temps around 5 degees and lots of snow. Then, yesterday, it all rained away, and today it is totally lovely. For the first time I was able to hang freshly washed sheets out to dry, and I went into a flurry of activity, washing windows and pruning the apple and plum trees. Also went to the garden center where I bought a whole mess of seeds. Now there are minigreenhouses on the window sills where cucumber, tomato, pepper, melon and parsley seeds are waiting to sprout.

I have been working at the ER like there's no tomorrow. In march I averaged 44 hrs pr week (that is including the TNCC, trauma nursing core course). I have worked 5 weekends in a row, and Husband was starting to wonder what I even look like. He never seems to see me. This Friday, however, we are going to London for a long weekend. What are we going to do there? - mainly just spend some time together, wandering the streets and parks, going to museums, exploring the ethnic restaurants, and take in a musical (we got tickets to Mamma Mia).

TNCC was great! I just loved it. I got top score on the practical and 88% on the theoretical exam. This is different from how I used to be. I used to score top marks on theoretical tests and barely squeeze by on practicals. It just shows how much experience matters. While I feel comfortable at the ER where I work, I don't find it particularly challenging. Today I sent in my application to be a red cross delegate. A step towards my dream of working with disaster relief or in undeveloped countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment