Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Empty Nest

While we were in Italy, Audun found an appartment in Lillehammer. By the time we got home, he had moved in and was gone. Ingvild left for England on the morning that we got home. It was 2 days before we heard from her, more than that she had arrived safely. Now she is moved into her student accomodation and is having a blast (according to her blogg).

Irene was still here when we got back. She made dinner for us when we arrived. On the last evening we went to the movies to see "the kids are allright". I could so relate to the scene where they take the girl to college and they are all hugging and crying. I didn't cry when I took Irene to the train station to catch the 5 am train, though.

The nest is empty now. Just me and husband left. But I've actually been kind of looking forward to it. I've had kids in the house for 29 years: first my stepdaughter, and for the past 24 years my own kids. Really, haven't been alone/alone with partner since I was 22, except for 6 months when my stepdaughter was living with her mom. But that was loooong ago and a different husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment