Monday, April 4, 2011

Cornwall - London


Left Cornwall yesterday. This is the top of the steps going from the student houses to the road that takes us into Penryn


The organic cafe where we had our morning coffee and tea (respectively), and where I got a sandwich for the journey (organic brie and rocket on multiseed bread) and 2 freshly baked cornish pasties for lunch. Mine was potato and organic steak, Irene's was potato and cheese. We ate them at the station while waiting for the train.


**************************************************************


While I was in Cornwall Ingvild had been exploring London. When I got back to London she was full of all the places she wanted to show me. St Pauls Cathedral is close to her house so we went there. That's where these 2 pictures are from.



One of the things she'd discovered was a very posh glass shopping center right behind the cathedral. The amazing thing was that you could take a glass elevator up to the roof. The elevator looks onto the cathedral and from the roof you get a marvelous view of London.



As you see it was getting dark. And tomorrow morning I am on my way back to Norway. It has been a wonderfull week and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting a glimpse of my girl's university lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment