Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Walking the dogs

I decided to visit my thinking spot again: this time I could sit on the stone looking out on the water and reflect on the positive things in my life and my goals for the day.

Afterwards I walked with the dogs through the woods by the lake. I loved the way the sun fell on this green glade. Unfortunatly the picture doesn't show the colors right.

Lucy had been gone for a little while. Suddenly she comes tearing up the path with this huge backbone in her mouth.


She spent several days carrying it around. She'd leave it somewhere along the path, then find it again the next day and carry it some more. One day Topsy was the first to find it. As she stood sniffing it and deciding whether to pick it up, Lucy came running. There was a short fight which I translated as:

Lucy: That's mine. Get the hell away from it!

Topsy: But I'm the oldest. - Okay then, if you feel so strongly about it, you can have it.


1 comment:

  1. That is quite a bone! Do you think it is from a fox, or what animal? My son was very interested in that picture... he misses the forest in NY very much and is always bemoaning that we have no forest near our house. (Lots of forest up in the mountains here, but nothing here in town.)

    ReplyDelete