Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Audun and Annina

Once a year (at least) it is good to reflect on what I have to be thankfull about:

1. I am gratefull for my job at the ER at AHUS. I love it. I love the variety, the new disiplines I have learned, the way we work in teams of 2 and all I learn from my colleagues, as well as the respect, and validation I enjoy from them. I love the challenges, and being able to make a difference.

2. I am gratefull that the girls, my daughters have caused me to focus on my diet in a positive way. I like the results of drastically reducing the amount of refined and processed sugar, grains and fats has had on my weight and my teeth. And I am gratefull to them for having made me more aware of animal welfare.

3. I am gratefull that we found an affordable place to live as well as as job for Husband on Holden Farm. That it is in the country. I am also greatfull that we were able to sell the property in Stange so easily, and for this opportunity to go through all our belongings and get rid of what we no longer need. I look forward to the move. To have a smaller house to keep up, to be free of the responsibility that comes with owning property. To getting to know a different part of Norway.

4. I am gratefull that I became aquainted with Susan Garrett's dog training philosophy, for the fun and new persectives it has brought to dog training, and for the difference it has made to Lucy and Topsy.

Audun

5. I am gratefull for the people I have known who have passed away this year, especially Mother-in-law. I am gratefull for the lesson that I must not allow myself to be blinded by prejudice, or prevented by previous experiences from seeing the good in another person or in reaching out a hand of reconciliation, support and kindness to those who might need it.

6. I am gratefull for the direction my children seem to have found in their lives and for their ongoing and unvavering love. I am gratefull that both daughters have found subjects that inspire them: that Youngest Daughter is enthusiastic about her sociology studies, and that Oldest Daughter has found found a path she wants to take after her bachelors, where she can explore her interest in healing through nutrition. I am thankfull that youngest son has chosen a path where he can cultivate his physical strenghth and find excitement while learning to help others, and that Oldest son has found this lovely girl to share his life with and for their visit to celebrate thanksgiving last weekend.

7. Finally I am greatfull for Husband, because he took the initiative for us to learn better ways of communicating and problem solving, for the experiences we have together: the trip on Hurtigruten and the days in the mountains, and that he has made it possible for me to commute to my job and to visit my girls twice this year by taking care of everything at home while I am gone.

8. I still need to mention the other things in my life that I am greatfull for: reasonably good health, the good conversations I have had with Mother, Sister and Younger Brother throughout the year, and my friends: they are not many, but their support and friendship is invaluable.

MaryAnn and Lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment