Friday, December 2, 2011

Visiting our new house

I've decided to try writing every day this month, only I'll have to do better about taking pictures. I forgot to take pictures both at the farm and at the dog park :(

Today we rented a large van, filled it with all our bicycles, a couple of matresses, my buckets of roots for next years flowers, curtains and Christmas decorations, and drove down to the new house. It was smaller than I remembered, lower cielings: really had a 300-year-old bake & brew house atmosphere. I think it will be quite cozy once we get moved in. Right now it is cold and empty, but once we have furnished it, heated the wood stove and moved in with all our critters we will be "snug as a bug in a rug".

The main purpose of the trip was to shop for a new bed, coffee table, and measure the rooms to see how we would furnish the house. Turns out my desk won't fit, and I had to buy a new one. The furniture store seemed only to sell big bulky pieces designed for spacious rooms, not a little old farm house. We finally found a bed we liked, for a decent price but it wasn't in stock. We'll have to either look in Stange or order it and sleep on matresses on the floor in the meantime.

We decided that instead of leaving them alone at home all day, we'd leave the dogs at a dog park that an agility friend of mine runs. I was a bit worried how it would go, but apparently they had a blast: Lucy ran with 4-5 other dogs in a large field. Topsy didn't like any of the other dogs; so she spent most of the day hanging out with Kari Mette in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment