Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Rain in Kritsa


Monday's exploring went to Kroustas and on towards Prina. Eventually, and much later than expected, the road deteriorated, and I parked and continued on foot, as the insurance doesn't cover damage to the car when driving on dirt roads. 




Where the asphalt began again we took off on a dirt track up a hill.



At the top was a sheepfold, shepherd's hut and garden, which were obviously deserted for the winter.


Just beyond these I found the most amazing cliff on which to sit. It had a sheer drop I don't know how far, but it must have been several hundred meters.

This is the cliff top on which I sat. 

A pair of ravens flew up from the rocks as we approached. An eagle, or large hawk could also be seen soaring overhead – or rather below.

From where I sat I could see these cliffs where the ravens had their home.

From this rock I could look out over the valley, and also out to sea. It was the most amazing top-of-the-world feeling.



The first drops began falling as I started back toward the car, and I only got a little wet. As I entered Kritsa however a veritable downpour began, turning the lanes into rivers.  Unfortunatly I didn't take any pictures. It was really amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment