Monday, July 23, 2007

I miss home

I miss my husband
I miss my house and my garden
I miss my daughter and my boys
I miss my dog, my cats, and birds
I miss the familiarity of nursing in Norway.

What I don't miss is the weather! Rain and cold by all accounts. Snow in the mountains. In July for Pete's sake!!

Irene can't wait for me to come home. "I'm just a child" she says. Maybe being on her own, living with her boyfriend wasn't what she expected. Poor kid. She's not even 18 and I let her do it. Should I have? Done is done. I'll be there for her now. She was so certain that she was ready. Funny to remember how at 14 she used to insist she was grown up.

The kids have their immediate futures sorted out. Irene(17) started on her baker/pastry chef apprenticeship on July 2. Ingvild(16) is starting a 3 year High School program for music, dance and theatre on August 20th, her emphasis will be dance.

The boys(19&21)are both going to go to college. A 3-year bachelors program in digital gaming and entertainment developement, including game design, sound setting, animation, programing etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment