Friday, August 3, 2007

Free but Unemployed

Night before last I had my last shift at the hospital where I have worked for the past year. Next week I go back to Norway. Here's how I spent my first day as a free woman:
I went to a day spa and got a massage and a facial, then to cost-cutters for a haircut. On the way home, I got some Thai takeout and watched an old movie: the scarlet pimpernel.
This morning I got up at 4:30 to see Audun off on the bus to New York. He is going to Blizz-con in L.A., then went back to bed and slept until Husband called at 8 am. This morning I started packing and did some errands.
Tormod called while Father was over for lunch.
In the afternoon I walked my sisters golden retriever, Finley: "Take me back to California!", he seemed to be saying,"It's too hot here". It is 103!
This evening my parents and I visited my brother, Roland to watch the DVD they had brought back from Brazil about the Alliance for Childhood. I brought fruit salad and we admired Roland's garden.
I'm staying over at my parents farm tonight, leaving Ingvild to babysit the dog.
Thus passed the first day of my last week in Ithaca.

No comments:

Post a Comment