Friday, August 24, 2007

As soon as I turm my back...

Father called today. My sister, Ilian is in the hospital again. Some sort of intestinal blockage. They don't know why yet. I talked to her. She sounded tired, a little depressed. Can't be much fun tied to the bed with a tube in her nose waiting for the blockage to resolve. She said her friend Helena was keeping her company. Family are all far away. I hope it's nothing serious. Norway seemed so safe. An out-of-the-way corner of the world. A haven. But no sooner am I there, than Ilian is back in the Hospital. Should I have stayed? I don't know.

The kids are doing well. School started this week. The boys have started college. They are in the same program and each has recieved an advanced laptop with state of the art software.
Audun has been working in the evenings after school. He has a surprise visit from his girlfriend this weekend.
Tormod is volunteering every evening at the student pub, where he is chief of security.
Irene has been making all the cakes while the pastry chef is on vacation. She makes delicious cakes! Now the baker has bursitis and Irene has to do the baking as well. She worked a 9 hr day today and her days off are cancelled. She looks tired. But what a feat to be entrusted with so much responsibility after only a couple of months!
Ingvild loves school! She has chosen theoretical as opposed to practical math, and has applied for spanish as a forein language. They have been dancing and singing in the choir the past two days. A former friend of Tormods has been hanging out with her alot. He has just restarted high school at 19 after 2 years in a vocational program to be a mechanic.

It's been a beautiful week. Sunny, 70's. The farmers have been combining all week and Husband is overworking again, doing the feeding and milking while the farmer is out on the combine. I'm still hanging out at home. Still waiting for mrsa clearance before I can start work. They say it will take a week before I get the results of the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment