Friday, August 31, 2007

cooling my heels

Still not working. On Tuesday I called my doctor's office: no result on the mrsa test yet. On Wednesday, a week after I took it, I called both in the morning and in the afternoon. Still no results. So I got on the phone to the laboratory that is running the test, and guess what? They had received the test but it wasn't labeled. So now I have had to go and have it taken again. I was fuming! This means another whole week before I can start working. A week without income. "You don't have to pay anything this time" they said when I had retaken the test! I should think not. Their mistake has cost me a weeks wages!!!

The weather is still predominantly sunny, but cooler. Definitely with the feel of fall. While waiting for the mrsa results, I am cooling my heels at home. Meantime I am spending my time cooking, gardening and working out.

On Tuesday and Friday mornings I go to spinning followed by toning exercizes. Thursday afternoons is orienteering training, and last Saturday I orienteered in a competition. Came in last (by 20 minutes) cause I didn't realize that a ski trail was supposed to be the path marked on the map. Next week I'll finally start dancing again. Husband has agreed to go swing dancing with me. That will be Wednesday evenings.

Since Husband has stopped eating meat, I'd got one of Molly Katzen's cookbooks second hand on the commons in Ithaca. She's the lady who started the Moosewood restaurant, and I'm trying out some of her recipes. Unfortunately many of them use various wines and other alcoholic beverages, and as a non-drinking family we don't have that sort of thing in the house, and I can't bring myself to go out and buy it just to experiment with recipes which I might decide I didn't like...

In the garden Husband and I built supports for the raspberries - a storm had broken off all the branches full of nearly ripe fruit - and planted a new strawberry patch with the runners from the old patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment