Thursday, September 6, 2007

Life is good! Hooray!!!

A lot of good things are happening!

Irene has celebrated her 18th birthday. The kids and I went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant. This is the first time the 5 of us have been together for over a year.

The MRSA test came back negative! Finally I can start working! Monday is my first day in my "new" job at my old emergency room. I'll spend a couple of days reorienting. Then I'll fly on my own next weekend! It's fantastic that they (the managers) have this confidence in my abilities. How I missed that in the US.

Other good things: I cashed in the rest of the money I brought over from the USA, and, after having paid all my bills, including new glasses, I still have enough to pay for the chickens which will be coming next week.

Ingvild loves her school. She got into Spanish as a foreign language. Her first choice. We did some math homework together last night. She has chosen the more challenging math class. And she can't seem to get enough of dancing: besides ballet and jazz dance in school she has started hip hop on Tuesday evenings after school.

And tonight, I too, am going to start dancing again! I miss contra dancing very much, but they don't do that in Norway, so I'll be dancing Swing. Husband has promised to join me in October when the beginners course starts, as he hasn't danced in 5 years.

The weather is sunny and golden. Lovely really. Cool in the mornings, but by afternoon I have discarded the long johns and wool undershirt.

Tomorrow we are going on a weekend trip to Copenhagen with my in-laws. My bags are packed and I'm looking forward to it. Ingvild will be holding the fort by herself, and I have stocked the fridge and freezer with her favorite foods. I'm sure she'll manage just fine!

1 comment: