Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday morning



Just came home from a milk and egg run. I have a night shift tonight, and husband had to get up early to get the barn ready for a new load of 44 up-and-coming breeding boars, so I got up together with him. I like to get up early before a night shift, because it makes it easier to take a 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon, which I find necesary for me to be maximally alert during the night. So we got up at 5:45.

Two of my egg customers from my previous job were coming off a night shift and I'd agreed to bring them eggs before they went home. Thus I started out the day making an egg run at 7:15. On the way home I stopped at Nøttestad (husbands former workplace) the farm where we get our milk, untreated, straight from the cooling tank. Though it was 8 am no one had started chores there yet. The cows get milked by robot so it's no big deal. I got this great picture of one of the barn cats presiding in the seat of the tractor, while one of the calves it trying to reach the load of carrots that will be their breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment