Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Red Cross


This morning I had an interview with the International Red Cross. They are looking for delegates for their Emergency Response Unit. The ERU goes out at short notice to disaster areas to set up a field hospital and tend to the injured, at the same time offering training to local health care workers to deal with the situation.

This is the third time I have applied, but the first time that they responded. I had a telephone interview last week and a face-to-face this week. In two weeks I will hear whether or not I am chosen to be part of the team. This has been a dream for years - to go out and work with disaster relief. It is part of the reason why I chose to study nursing and the main reason why I took anesthesia. Now the dream is on the brink of coming true.

1 comment:

  1. Oh best of luck! How exciting to be closer to your dream.

    ReplyDelete