Saturday, April 2, 2011

Surfing in Cornwall

Lounging around in our animal onesies at breakfast: Irene's is a cow with little horns and ears. After breakfast Irene showed me around the campus of her university. The grounds were lovely: full of flowers and rabbits hopping about in the evening.





Afterward we went for a walk up a country lane to a daffodill farm. There were horses grazing and you can see the student houses in the background. Irene lives in the green house.





We got picked up for surfing at 12:45. Irene has her own wet suit and board. I rented both.
The surfing was fabulous. And the water didn't seem cold at all. Porthtowan beach too was a facinating spot, with cliffs, blooming gorse and abandoned tin mines dotting the heather all around. And who would have thought it was such a workout! I have muscles aching that I didn't even know I had.



We watched "My Sisters Keeper" this evening. I'd read the book, and the ending was changed in the movie, but it still worked very well. If Irene was crying when we saw "Earthlings", it was now my turn for the tears to flow. That movie is sooo sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment