Sunday, January 13, 2013

28 day detox report #2

Detoxing while working actually went okay. I pretty much do all the juices in the morning (I had evening shifts), then drink the 2 liters of water during the comute to and from and during the work day. Giving up sugar (candy, cake etc) hasn't been difficult, even though it is available at work as a compliment to how hard we are working.  What I really find myself craving is caffeine. I just feel so tired and slow - a "pick me up" before work would do wonders, but I remain strong. 
A bit of a challenge was when we went out to eat on Saturday. The restaurant had little in the way of vegetarian options. Unfortunatly I had already ordered miso soup (which was delicious) and fried noodles with vegetables, this last was made with a fish sauce, before I realized that I could have done vegetarian sushi for the main dish. It was such a cold day, that I didn't think of the sushi alternative before it was too late, though the hot miso soup would have been fine with it. During the movie, though I was fine eating almonds and dried fruit while husband had chocolate covered popcorn. It is interesting to observe my own feelings during this cleanse. 

Exercising became a bit difficult on workdays. I started out okay with a 30 minute Pilates gymball session in the morning before my first shift, but when by the second and third morning after getting up an hour and a half later and still not getting enough sleep (I don't get to bed until 00:30 after evening shifts), I just totally forgot about exercising. The prescribed hourly stretch during the workday is also proving difficult. There is just no way to fit it in during our hectic work days. I was able to manage about twice each day, and I do notice when I stretch, how tense I really am. However over the weekend I was back to the gym, once for cycling and once for a pilates class. 

Friday I tried a salt rub before my shower. What it is, is you rub salt into your skin, ideally before a bath, though as I mentioned before, we have no bathtub. I thought it would dry out the skin, but I found the skin to be exeptionally soft and smooth after that shower. 

Denying myself favorite foods is one thing. Denying myself novels, audio books etc is another and more difficult exercise. By Sunday I was so tired of being organized and structured that I allowed myself a day of indulgence. I watched "the Two Towers" instead of the housework I had planned. Well, maybe one needs to just relax sometimes too. 

Next week I intensify the detox by giving up eggs and dairy, and adding the liver flush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment