Thursday, January 24, 2013

28 day detox report: #4

This week I am doing the purifying diet of Dr Stone, known for Polarity Therapy. You start the day with Liver Flush juice, followed by peppermint tea. Then only liquids until lunch, after which you can eat anything except: caffeine, alkohol, sugar, fried foods, meat, fish, eggs, dairy and starches. "What does that leave?" a colleague at work wondered when I was telling him about the diet. Amazingly it leaves quite a lot: baked sweet potatoes, grilled vegetables with olive oil, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds. Root salad of grated raw red beet, carrot and apple, with lemon juice, raisins, walnuts, pomogranite seeds and lemon balm leaf. Fruit salad. Vegetable snacks. Soaked dried fruit snacks. Fresh fruit snacks.  Green smoothies, fruit smoothie with coconut milk... Sounds yummy doesn't it? doesn't it? - it is!

I also added 2 days of liquids only fasting: Monday and Thursday. Not clear liquids though, I allowed myself a green smoothie and a fruit smoothie each, in addition to the herb teas and veggie + apple juice. Surprisingly I have not been particularly hungry on these fasting days. I have a bit of a headache, and feel a little lethargic. Not really up for a lot of strenuous activity. However on both days I walked the dog, did yoga, did some house cleaning, went shopping and today I also went swimming. In today's hot tub on the roof experience I come out onto the roof, into minus 7 degrees C, feeling the ice cold air on my wet skin. Then deliberatly step into the bubbling hot tub, and stretch out in the water, under a clear blue sky, finding the position that will let the sun shine onto my face. Bliss!

Tuesday and Wednesday I worked during the day, so skipped the liver flush, and just had hot water with a lemon squeezed into it. And obviously had breakfast (fruit salad). This weekend, when I'm working the evening shift I will try to follow the purifying diet properly. Also missed both yoga and meditation the past 2 days. They were on my plan for the day, but as usual, once I've had dinner I sort of peter out. I don't know if it's because of getting up at 5 or that I am more of a morning person than an evening person, but it happens to me every time I have a day shift. Once I'm home and dinner is cooked and eaten I just deflate and am worthless for the rest of the day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment