Sunday, January 27, 2013

28 day detox report: #5

For the past 3 days I've been doing the true purifying diet: liver flush in the morning, fasting on liquids until lunch, then fruit and veg during the afternoon/evening. Since I had evening shifts each day it went something like this: a fruit salad during report at the start of the shift; leftovers from lunch and a fruit smoothie during my dinner break; carrot sticks, sweet pepper slices, sweet cherry tomatoes and black grapes on the way home; and soaked dried fruits (prunes, apricots and figs) before going to bed around midnight.  

One thing I have discovered through fasting and restricting my diet, is an enhanced enjoyment of food. I love fruit and vegetables, and I look forward to cheese, yogurt, milk in my tea, and coffee before the night shifts next week. I'm also looking forward to fish, meat and chocolate in the more distant future.

The end is in sight. Only one more week to go. During this week I return to a vegetarian diet that includes dairy and eggs. I will continue the exercise regime and skin care regime of the past 3 weeks. My focus for the week will be an evaluation of the whole detox. What aspects of diet and  skin care do I want to carry over into my regular life? What about the decluttering, the organizing of my goals and inner life? What about exercise? 


No comments:

Post a Comment