Sunday, February 3, 2013

28 Day Detox Report # 6

Last detox report! 
I found myself petering out this past week. This might in part have been due to not feeling totally well. It started during the first night shift. I felt queasy all night. Then when I still didn't feel "right" after sleeping all day, I called in sick. I didn't have vomiting or diarrhea, nor really a fever, though  my temperature was elevated. But my body felt like lead and I just couldn't face a 10 hour night shift feeling like shit. The next day my hospital made headlines again. It seems a stomach bug has caused chaos and the hospital was again full to the brim, with 40 patients in corridors and the physical therapy gym being used as an overflow ward! I figure it was good I didn't go to work that night. I was probably contagious. Also proved to me that my immune system is still up and running, when queasiness and a slightly elevated temperature is all I get from a stomach bug that is filling up the hospital.

Being under the weather though, is what got me petering out. For example, I ate a bag of Thai shrimp chips when I was shopping on Saturday, though I'm not supposed to have meat or seafood until monday. :(  I didn't have the energy for iron self disipline. Anyhow, on one hand I am looking forward to getting back to normal life. On the other, I am thinking about which aspects of this detox month I would like to carry on into that normal life. So here is a list of what I intend to carry over.


  • Sun salutation each morning
  • Skin brushing before shower.
  • aroma steam before bed. 
  • planning my day before work.
  • yoga on work days (when I don't have time to go to the gym)
  • oil and salt scrub once a week.
  • swimming, sauna, and hot tub once a week. 

The whole commute by train thing didn't work out very well. There was one week when I took the train each day. It was great. I could write letters, do some inspirational reading, and plan my day while on the train. Unfortunatly the rest of the month I ended up driving. On weekends and day shifts I have to drive because the train schedule doesn't fit. The other times the trains were delayed so that I ended up driving in order to get to work on time. This last week I finally started listening to an audio book that I had been planning to work on during this detox month: "the 7 habits of highly successfull people". 

  • Work on "The 7 habits of Highly Successfull People".
  • Read the "medical lectures" by Rudolf Steiner
  • Continue to focus on detoxing and decluttering my home environment.


Exercise. I haven't had the energy for strenuous exercise the past 3 weeks. That has got to change. I managed to lose 3 kg during this detox. If I am to have any hope of keeping them off as I return to a normal diet, I must exercise more. The plan is to increase to 45 minute cycling classes on my days off, except for when I go swimming and sundays when I want to do Pilates. Or skiing when that is possible.

I don't think I will change my normal diet very much. The main points will be:
  • avvoid sugar except on weekends
  • avvoid artificial additives.
  • eat organic whenever possible
  • eat only free range or organic meat and eggs.
  • eat more fish
  • use raw untreated milk (hurray, we live on a farm)
  • consume less caffeine. 
  • continue with daily green smoothies, salad with every dinner, veggies or dried fruit for snacks.
  • continue to drink 1-2 L water daily. 
I sure am looking forward to having chocolate again!

No comments:

Post a Comment