Tuesday, January 1, 2013

...the New Year it is Enteréd!

(the title refers to the same song as in the last post).

It was too foggy last night to see the fireworks, though we could hear the bangs and pops all around as 2013 was greeted. Lucy crawled under the bed. When all was quiet I reached under, grabbed her by the scruff and pulled her back out, upon which she curled up in her dog bed and slept the rest of the night. Silly dog!
This first day of the New Year the clouds have gone, the sky is clear and bright!

New Years Resolutions, that is what this post is supposed to be about. 
My primary resolution is to be a better correspondent - by phone, skype and email. Since the internet keeping in touch with loved ones has become so much cheaper and simpler and yet I become more and more lazy. Back in the day I used to correspond regularly with about 30 different friends and family members, writing a letter every day. Since starting to work outside the home, my correspondance has shriveled up. THAT HAS GOT TO CHANGE!

My agility goal for 2013 is to run at least one fault-free course. Other goals for Lucy are to be able to recall her from anything so that she can run loose around the farm, and to take her on her first plane trip. 

My health goal is in January to do a 28 day detox. The program I will be following is comprehensive in that it is aimed at detoxing not only the body but also the mind. The body detox targets not only on the liver and kidneys through diet, but the lungs, lymph and skin as well through breathing exercises, skin brushing, baths, massage, and body wraps that promote sweating. This detox plan also focuses on the mind, through reflection, meditation, mindfullness, and decluttering of ones living and work space. Exercise is also a vital part of the plan, in the form of yoga, pilates, aerobic exercise etc. Exercise not only promotes the body's detox by getting the blood moving, it also promotes the detox of the mind. 

Since we are buying a house in Crete another resolution for 2013 is to learn Greek. 

So it looks like I have got my work cut out for me: correspondance, dog training, detox and Greek. 



No comments:

Post a Comment