Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tur-O April 17

Today was our first score-O. Our club puts out 5 maps with 10 controlls each for the spring and 3 more for the fall. We took the first 10 controls today. It was a beautifull day; the sun was shining, a breeze could be heard in the branches above, and felt good on a face hot and sweaty from running whenever I was high enough to have it blow across my face. 
At each control is a card with 2 numbers and a letter. This has to be documented online when we get home. This year I decided to take pictures of the cards instead of writing the codes down. Thus I had my camera handy to take pictures of the landscape as well. 

A piece of machinery near the first control.


The third control was in the middle of a bog.  

Cliffs near the third control.
Met up with husband near nr 4. He was doing them in reverse order, so had 6 controls already behind him. I am loving the trail shoes he gave me for Christmas. There was still a lot of ice on the paths and husband was quite jealous when he saw me running on the ice rather than the mud, not slipping at all. If studless tires can drive so well on snow and ice, then surely someone can make trail shoes that grip well without studs, I'd been thinking when it became clear that my O-shoes were due to be replaced. The Inov-8 X-talon 212 are the answer! They are comfortable, light and have a phenomenal grip!

Husband dissapearing between boulders at control 4


I came across this pretty pond while looking for control 5 (in the wrong place)




A farm visible through the trees from control #9

Tree house, also near control #9

Met up with Husband again after 6 controlls. He had finished and was going through the course again to meet me whip som speed into me. I had Lucy with me throughout the course, on a leash and harness, but now Husband took her. Nevertheless, I found it hard to concentrate with Husband carrying on a constant stream of good advice. 

Dancer and Lucy at control 9

No comments:

Post a Comment