Monday, April 22, 2013

Tur-O, April 22

It is a week since our last score-O. I don't have pictures this time as I left my camera at work last night. However spring has progressed in the forest since last week. There is hardly any snow, and much less ice on the paths. There is still a covering of ice on the lakes, ponds and bogs though. Green shoots are starting to poke up on the forrest floor and coltsfoot is blooming. 

Coltsfoot (borrowed from the internet)


It was another great run, under blue and sunny skies with a balmy wind. The controls were more difficult, or else my concentration is shot to pieces. I got lost 3 times, the last time was between the 9th and 10th control and Husband was very worried, when he didn't meet up with me as he ran up and down the paths I should have been taking to last 2 or 3 controls. Alas, I had taken a wrong path, and then gotten lost cutting across to the right one. By the time I heard him whistling and called out he was about ready to call the police to start searching for me, certain that I was lying in the woods somewhere with a broken legg. I had been out for over 2 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment