Saturday, July 2, 2011

Døla-uka, July 1st to 3rd: part 2

Peach (10 wks) and Lucy playing.

Second day of Døla uka. Lucy slept in her crate last night. Using a crate is the first thing I have successfully shaped. We got up long before most everyone else, had our coffee, and our breakfast and walked the dog. As everyone else was getting ready for a late breakfast we were leaving to visit my in-laws, who live near where todays run was being arranged. Mother-in-law has recovered nicely from the surgery after breaking her thigh bone 12 days ago. She seems to get along no worse than when we saw her a month ago. We had yummy waffles and Lucy showed off her tricks and played with Cathrine's irish setter puppy.


Event arena in Folldal. You can see the ski jumps behind the arena.

The run was in typical Folldal terrain: pine woods with a reindeer moss ground cover. To get to start you had to climb an incredibly steep hill where the ski lift goes in winter. By the time I got to the top, I was both hot and sweaty, in spite of the cool day. It was a fun course though. Husband won again. I placed 6th of 10.



When we all got back to the cabins, the grills were fired up, we made salads and set out tubs of potato salad, then all gathered again for a joint dinner. The party increased withour hostess' parents and her oldest son.

This is today's map. A fun course. Didn't have any trouble with it really. I especially enjoyed the bit from 2 to 3 where the path follows the course of a mountain stream. My only difficulty was coming down from 9 to 10, I couldn't find the path that hugs the hillside and ended up too far down, so that I had to run up the road to 10, before running back down to get 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment